Deluxe Website Package: Elevate & Refocus Your Business in 90 Days
Level up, focus in, and attract your ideal clients!
Is your current website (or lack of one!) holding your business back? Maybe it’s outdated or hard to update. Maybe it’s downright embarrassing!
A strong website is made up of 2 key components:
- Beautiful design
- Compelling copy
The design and the copy need to work together – AND need to be built on top of a strong brand foundation – i.e. a deep understanding of who your customers are, how you’re different from your competition, what you offer, and why you’re motivated to do this work.
So I’ve teamed up with Anna, an awesome writer and messaging advisor, to create a deluxe package that delivers a beautiful, brand new website for your business – complete with effective copy – in just 90 days.
- A fully designed and built Squarespace website with up to 10 designed pages, and up to 4 pages of copy. (Pages that may be designed but not written include: blog, portfolio/gallery, testimonials/reviews, and contact/form.)
- Your site will be responsive (i.e. easily viewable on any screen size), and Google friendly.
- A set of custom Squarespace video tutorials so you can easily update your website in the future.
- 6 hours of coaching sessions to help you clarify your brand, dig into your target market, and write your own copy in a way that is strategic, clear, and authentic.
- 2 hours of copy editing and proofreading services for the copy you draft.
Who It’s For
- Solo entrepreneurs or other service-based small businesses
- Been in business for at least 1-2 years and are ready to level up
- Want to upgrade their online presence and positioning to get more and better clients
- Want their business to more strongly reflect their personal values and unique background
- Want to communicate more articulately about their work
- Want to be empowered with marketing tools they can update on their own in the future
- Want accountability throughout the project so it gets done in a timely manner
How It Works
Phase 1: Clarity + Content (6-8 weeks)
Working with Anna, you’ll gain clarity on the foundational elements of your brand, and then write website copy that communicates clearly and strongly to your clients.
What we’ll do:
- Develop a mission statement and elevator pitch that ground your messaging
- Define your ideal clients and dig into their hopes, fears, and motivations
- Uncover your personal story and other ways to stand out from your competitors
- Analyze your services and specialties, and refine or re-organize them
- Define stronger boundaries around your work so you can avoid overwhelm and burn-out
- Plan, draft, and edit copy for 3 to 4 static pages of your website (e.g. Home, About, Services)
How we’ll do it:
- Six 60-minute weekly coaching sessions (by phone)
- 2 hours of copy editing and proofreading services for the content you draft
- Unlimited email support between sessions
- Summary emails after each call with key takeaways and next steps
- Call recordings so you can listen to our calls again whenever you want
- Worksheets and other resources/recommendations hand-picked just for
Phase 2: Website Design + Build (3-4 weeks)
Once you’ve finished all your hard work with Anna, Katie will work with you to translate your brand and copy to a beautiful, simple Squarespace website.
What we’ll do:
- Determine the primary goal for your website and figure out an appropriate call to action
- Review current brand colors, fonts and logo OR discuss desired aesthetic if you don’t have brand standards in place (logo design is available for an additional fee*)
- Review current photography OR discuss hiring a photographer/purchasing stock imagery for an additional fee*
- Complete Katie’s Website Questionnaire together
- Finalize structure of new website
- After the kickoff meeting, Katie will get started and design a home page and one interior page.
- Then there will be a first look presentation where Katie will show you her progress and get any feedback from you on the design direction before continuing to build out the site (two rounds of revisions included here).
- Once Katie receives design approval she’ll finish adding all content to the site and schedule a second look presentation to show you the entire site (there are two rounds of revisions included here for content changes).
- Once everything is finalized, Katie will launch the new website!
- Katie will then create customized video tutorials so you have the tools to update your site on your own going forward. Katie is also available for ongoing support if you’d rather her handle future updates.
* Package price does not include Squarespace fees. Logo design and website photography are not included in this package, but may be added for an additional fee. Any such additional services would lengthen the package timeline.
We think Squarespace is the perfect website platform for small, service-based businesses like yours. Here’s why:
- It’s easy to use: Squarespace websites are famously user-friendly with a back-end that’s simple and intuitive to navigate. It’s also an all-in-one platform (with hosting, domains, galleries, and 24/7 support) – which means you don’t have to connect and keep track of a bunch of different vendors.
- It’s beautiful: Squarespace is well-known for making it easy to design clean, beautiful websites. And all Squarespace websites are fully responsive, so you never have to worry about adjusting the design to various screen sizes.
- It’s low-maintenance: You’ll never have to update software, plugins, widgets, or worry about ongoing maintenance (unlike WordPress).
- It’s affordable: Squarespace fees generally come out to about $18 per month. And Katie is a Squarespace Circle Member, which means that all of her clients (including you!) will get 20% off your Squarespace fees for the first year.
- It’s easy to see what’s working: Each Squarespace website comes with built-in analytics so you can stay on top of your visitor statistics. (You can also choose to connect your site to Google Analytics.)
- It helps get you found: Squarespace uses best SEO practices with every site and we make your website “Google friendly” by adding title descriptions, page descriptions, and image alt-tags. We also run your site through Google Search Console which forces Google to crawl your site.
- It’s secure: Squarespace offers free SSL certificates to provide a secure connection for visitors. They also make regular security scans to guard against potential hackers.
About Anna & Katie
Anna Laman is a messaging advisor for solopreneurs and independent business owners. She helps her clients become more articulate, confident, and purposeful in communicating about their work so they can level up their businesses. Anna has written professionally for nearly 20 years, including as a freelance writer for a variety of small businesses and publications. She’s also the founder of the Asheville Creative League.
"Anna’s help with my website copy was invaluable. She made me really pause and look at my business with a new set of eyes. She helped me put aside my wavering on how to structure and organize my site, and her ease with words is simply amazing."
– Lenka Hattaway, Lenka Hattaway Photography
Katie Rotanz helps small businesses, creatives and entrepreneurs stand out in the market with beautiful, modern, minimal designs. She designs logos, websites and print pieces to elevate each business’ brand and inspire their audience. Katie has over 4 years of agency experience as a graphic designer and art director and is a member of Young Professionals of Asheville, River Arts District Business Association, and a board member of the Asheville Affiliates.
“Katie is a true professional and we had a great experience while she designed a new website for us. The new site looks great and is a big upgrade over our previous, outdated website.”
– Matthew Shelor, John T Morgan Roofing Vice President & Business Development